My update for the week ending on 16th April, 2022.
Ghosts of Co-Workers Past
Let me just state here that getting contacted by people I have worked with in the past happens a lot more than I would like to admit lol. But I like it. I like that when people think about who to run to with their IT problems, however little, they think about me.
I’ll start referring to them by their initials so that I stop using ‘someone’ lol.
Mr. D reached out because his friend needed to reinstall windows on their computer. I wasn’t close-by and would not have been able to help out so I referred him to someone else.
W brought me her laptop to upgrade to Windows 11! I was happy to see her and even happier to do the upgrade. I love the Windows 11 interface btw.
New German words/phrases I learned on Duolingo
- Weiß - Know
- Nacht - Night
- Nächte - Nights
- Hell - Bright ( I find this one particularly funny because ‘bright as hell’ loool
- Einzelzimmer - Single room
- Doppelzimmer - You guessed it, Double room)
- Ich freue mich - I look forward to it.
- Schlüssel - Key.
- Gute Besserung - Feel better.
- Nehmen - To take.
I am currently reading UNIX AND LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION HANDBOOK, Fifth Edition by Trent R. Hein, Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder, Ben Whaley, Dan Mackin.
These are the TV shows I currently follow:
- The Good Doctor S05 E14
- Moon Knight S01 E03 - Steven as Mr. Knight is both hilarious and annoying. Did you notice the Jake Lockley teaser.
- Got into the HOPLA Talent Pool so that’s a plus.
- Seminar with Support Adventure went well. I was given an OFfice365 test to finish within 72 hours.
It was brought to my notice that two of the WordPress websites I had previously configured for clients were giving critical error notices and not loading.
I suspected they were both having the same technical issue so I logged into one of them in WordPress Recovery Mode. I immediately spotted what the problem was on the dashboard. The WooCommerce plugin was unable to work on PHP Version 5.xx(currently running on the server and needed version 7.xx or higher.
I logged into the cpanel and set the PHP version to 7.4, the newest as at the time of writing this.